– House /
– Your discipline /
– Refining & Chemicals /
– Refining, Petrochemicals & Natural Gasoline /
– Refining Processes & Petroleum Products
Refining Processes & Petroleum Products
Information / Registration
– Professionals within the Oil & Gas trade or related sectors (within the technical, industrial, authorized, finance, or HR departments) thinking about oil refining.
– This course gives a broad technical information on refining processes and petroleum products, enabling a speedy immersion in the refining trade.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- study concerning the composition, fundamental characteristics and new tendencies of petroleum products,
- perceive the role of varied processing items in a refinery,
- describe the main manufacturing schemes encountered in oil refining,
- assess the financial setting of this industry.
– No prerequisites for this course.
- Detailed course material with a glossary of the primary technical phrases used in the refining business.
- Energetic participation of trainees by way of interactive games and quizzes to understand the key points of the course.
- A summary per unit is built to spotlight key course of variables.
- Power and non-energy products and their fundamental uses, CO2 emissions and principal regulated pollutants ultimately use.
- Principal elements of petroleum products; general hydrocarbon classification and predominant impurities (sulfur, nitrogen, metals and asphaltenes, and so on.).
- Quality necessities imposed on petroleum products in view of their utilization: quality specs measured by commonplace checks, traits related to the product composition, origin and processing routes.
- New tendencies in market construction and product traits to European and worldwide scale, put up-combustion depollution techniques, biofuels (nature, alternative fuel pathways for transport, strengths and weaknesses).
- Crude oil fractionation:
- Origin, total traits and classification of crude oils.
- Yields and properties of straight-run cuts obtained by distillation, potential locations.
- Industrial models: atmospheric distillation, vacuum distillation, mild-ends fractionation.
- Typical course of scheme, operating conditions, vitality consumption.
- Catalytic reforming and isomerization:
- Octane improvement of virgin naphthas.
- Fundamentals of processes, varieties of catalyst, product yields and hydrogen production.
- Industrial items: process flowsheets, working conditions, tools, low strain processes.
- Hydrorefining processes:
- Essential options of impurities removal by catalytic hydrogen remedy.
- Predominant refining functions.
- Instance of ULSD hydrotreatment unit: operating ideas, working circumstances.
- Scrubbing treatments: amine washing, sulfur production, treatment of residual gases from Claus models.
- Conversion items:
- Define of conversion and varied cracking processes.
- Characteristics and origin of feeds for cracking.
- Conversion by way of thermal cracking: visbreaker, numerous cokers.
- Conversion by way of catalytic cracking: FCC and associated units, gasoline sweetening and desulfurization, alkylation, production of MTBE, ETBE and propylene, hydrocracker and associated items, hydrogen manufacturing (SMR, POX).
- Current developments in hydrotreatment and hydroconversion of heavy residues.
- Hydrogen balance within the refinery, vitality consumption per unit, CO2 emissions on the outlet of the refinery.
- Other processes for production of petroleum products: GTL, synthetic crude oils.
- Main routes to major products.
- Updated refining schemes together with the manufacturing of petrochemical intermediate merchandise.
- Impacts of the evolution of market demand and the quality of the merchandise on manufacturing patterns.
- Base lube oil manufacturing.
- Prices of crude oils and products, working prices, economic margin of a refinery.
- Examples of flexibility in operation and its economic penalties.