CPAP/ BiPAP unit has an electrically operated generator, which uses a blower to open and maintain the airflow needed for treatment.
* A Heated Humidifier together with your CPAP machine or BiPAP machine is really useful to cut back nasal congestion or dryness and makes CPAP/ BiPAP therapy more comfortable. Keep in mind body temperature is normally at 98.6 levels and air temperature could be about 72 levels making the air cool and dry. To prevent condensation in the tubing you could insulate the tubing with bubble wrap. It is usually useful if the CPAP machine or BiPAP machine is positioned decrease than the mattress so the tubing is in a downward path to the heated humidifier.
* Patient Interface should embody a mask or nasal pillow system held in place by aheadgear which connects to the CPAP/ BiPAP unit via tubing.
Operation of the CPAP/ BiPAP Unit:
* Place the CPAP machine or BiPAP machine on a dresser, bedside table, or nightstand
* Do not place unit on the floor
* Be certain that the area has good circulation and the air inlet just isn’t blocked byanything
* When traveling to other countries with different electrical requirements, verify your operation handbook for particular directions
CPAP Machine or BiPAP System Set-up:
* Connect one end of cpap tubing to the air outlet of the CPAP/ BiPAP machine with the opposite end of the cpap tubing going to the CPAP/ BiPAP nasal or full face mask and attach the headgear.
* Place the nasal CPAP mask over your nose or you probably have the nasal pillow system insert them into your nostrils.
* Secure the CPAP headgear ensuring it should be snug. The CPAP headgear ought to never be tight or free. Make mandatory adjustment to your CPAP mask and headgear and ensure the CPAP system is closed and no air is leaking.
CPAP/ BiPAP Care & Maintenance:
* CPAP/BiPAP machines ought to be wiped down periodically with a clean damp cloth. Always disconnect the CPAP/BiPAP units from the electrically energy supply earlier than cleansing.
* CPAP Mask/Nasal Pillows/Tubing: Every day cleansing is advisable. One half vinegar to a few components water resolution is the very best cleaning agent because it does not go away a cleaning soap film over a time period. Make sure to rinse totally with warm water to take away vinegar odor. You may also use a mild detergent with warm soapy water. Rinse completely and let air dry.
* Headgear: Weekly cleansing of the headgear is really helpful to maximize the life of your headgear, hand wash with mild detergent or wash using the gentle cycle.
By no means use bleach and do not machine dry CPAP Gear
* The Heated Humidifier Reservoir: Daily cleaning is really useful. One part vinegar to three elements water resolution is one of the best cleansing agent as it does not go away a soap movie over a time period. Make sure that to rinse thoroughly with warm water to remove vinegar odor. You might also use a mild detergent with warm soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and let air dry. Water should be modified every day with distilled or sterile water. Do not go pass the fill line.
Helpful Hints for sustaining CPAP Masks and Machines
* Washing your face to take away excess facial oils before utilizing cpap mask will assist to attain a leak free fit and prolong the useful life of your mask.
* If you’re experiencing nasal or airway dryness and irritation use a nasal saline or water based lubricant. Do not use a petroleum primarily based lubricant product.
* If you are experiencing morning dry eyes readjust or tighten the headgear and/or mask at the top. Watch out not to over tighten, as this might cause a pressure point on the bridge of the nose.
* Don’t leave your cpap tubing or plastic parts out in direct sunlight for drying. This could cause a premature yellowing and cracking of the plastic.